In the handling of your information, we follow a policy of "Informed Consent" where in using the varied features of this web site, you may occasionally provide information, such as your name, your contact information, or other information about yourself by which others may identify you, to us, our service providers, or other businesses which you may contact while visiting our site. We may use this information and other technical information about your use of this web site to tailor presentations to you, to facilitate your movement through this web site, or communicate separately with you. However, we will never intentionally provide any of your Personal Information to other companies or individuals (collectively "Third Parties") without your express permission to do so. We will notify you at the time of such data collection or transfer if your Personal Information is to be shared with a Third Party and you will always have the option of not permitting such sharing.
1. What Personal Information do we collect from you?
When registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number or other details to help you with your experience. The more information you volunteer (and the more accurate it is), the better we are able to assist you with your needs.
2. What are cookies and how do we use them?
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since each browser is a little different, look at your browser's Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, some features will be disabled and although it won't adversely affect your experience, some functions that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly.
3. How do we use your Personal Information?
Our primary goal in collecting Personal Information is to provide you with a customized experience on our website. This includes personalized services, interactive communications, online transactions and many other types of services, most of which are completely free to you. In order to provide such services free of charge, we may display advertisements. By knowing a little about you, we are able to deliver more relevant advertisements and content and hence better service to you. We also conduct research on our users' demographics, interests, and behavior based on the information provided to us upon registration, during a promotion, from our server log files or from surveys. We do this in order to better understand and serve our users. However, we will never intentionally provide any of your Personal Information to other companies or individuals without your permission to do so and will take all reasonable steps to protect such Personal Information from perpetrators of fraud or internet piracy.
Typically we use the information we collect from you when you register, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To follow up with you after correspondence (live chat, web form, email or phone inquiries).
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content, services, and opportunities in which you are most interested.
- To send permission-based periodic emails and/or direct mailings regarding your interests or other products and services we offer.
4. Do we share your information with outsiders?
5. How do we protect your personal and business-related information?
Keeping your information private is vitally important to us. As with all information, we will never rent or sell your personal and business-related information to Third Parties without your express permission.
Your website profile information is accessed by the cookies on your computer so that only you should have access. We recommend that you sign out of your account and close your browser window when you have finished your work. This will help ensure that others cannot access your Personal Information and correspondence if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place like a library or an Internet cafe.
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. We implement a variety of security measures when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
6. What legislation applies to personal information-handling practices?
The Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA") sets out the ground rules for how private-sector organizations collect, use or disclose personal information in the course of commercial activities across Canada. Additional information regarding the PIPEDA is available from the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada at www.priv.gc.ca
Alberta's Personal Information Protection Act ("PIPA") applies to provincial private sector organizations, businesses and, in some instances, to non-profit organizations for the protection of personal information and to provide a right of access to an individual's own personal information. Organizations that are subject to PIPA must develop and follow policies that are reasonable to meet its obligations under the Act. Additional information regarding PIPA is available from the Government of Alberta at www.servicealberta.ca/privacy-accessing-information.cfm
Canada's anti-spam legislation ("CASL") came into effect July 1, 2014 and is in place to protect Canadians while ensuring that businesses can continue to compete in the global marketplace. The CASL generally prohibits the:
- sending of commercial electronic messages without the recipient's consent (permission), including messages to email addresses and social networking accounts, and text messages sent to a cell phone;
- alteration of transmission data in an electronic message which results in the message being delivered to a different destination without express consent;
- installation of computer programs without the express consent of the owner of the computer system or its agent, such as an authorized employee;
- use of false or misleading representations online in the promotion of products or services;
- collection of personal information through accessing a computer system in violation of federal law (e.g. the Criminal Code of Canada); and
- collection of electronic addresses by the use of computer programs or the use of such addresses, without permission (address harvesting).
7. How do we meet the legislative requirements?
We are committed to operate in full compliance with all federal and provincial legislation and agree to:
- Never use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow you to unsubscribe from some or all correspondence by using the link at the bottom of each email, or directly by contacting us via email or telephone.
8. What else should I know about my privacy?
Please keep in mind that whenever you disclose Personal Information online - for example on message boards, through email, or in chat areas - that information can be collected and used by others. In short, if you post Personal Information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return. Please remember that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and therefore you do so at your own risk.
9. Applicable Law
10. Additional Information
c/o RE/MAX Complete Commercial
Suite 200, 525 28th Street SE
Calgary, AB T2A 6W9
Phone: (403) 589-3739
or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org